Those grants are awarded in science fields for engineers (orbital systems, space transport systems) and sciences using space assets (Universe science, Earth science, Microgravity science) to young French and foreign students interested in space activities.
PhD contracts to prepare a university PhD in a research laboratory in France : university applicants and college or engineer school graduates have to hold a master delivered by a university or a diploma which allow them to start a PhD according to the Doctoral School.
Post-doctoral contracts granted for a research job in a laboratory in France : applicants have to hold a doctorate or an equivalent before starting the contract. Applications of researchers who have already benefited from a PhD contract co-financed by CNES are not admissible.
Implementation conditions of those contracts
PhD contracts are necessarily co-financed (half-and-half) by a partner (public organization, industrialist, region, etc.) thanks to a Uniform Agreement of co-financing :
- the duration of those contracts is limited to one year, renewable twice
- the implementation of co-financed contracts is contingent upon the previous signature of a co-financing convention with the partner and the host laboratory
- the placing of co-sponsored contracts is dependent on the prior signing of a co-financing agreement with the partner and host laboratory. Contracts may start in October. Download the CNES co-financing document of a doctoral research grant (pdf - 53.12 Ko)
- the duration of those contracts is limited to one year, renewable once ;
- monthly gross salary for a post-doctoral grant : € 2405
- contracts starts in December at the latest.
Juries selection will meet in May.
Dissemination of results will be done individually after the grant committee in mid-June.